Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Brigham Young's 209th Birthday


Picture of the Day for 6/1/2010. Today is Brigham Young's birthday! He was born 209 years ago on June 1, 1801. I know this because there was a massive wreath placed at the base of the Brigham Young monument marking the event- not that you could tell from this photo. I noticed the wreath when I walked across the street from my office building to buy some dinner. I ran back to my office to grab my camera, but by the time I returned, the wreath had vanished. Bless my co-worker's Richard's heart. When I told him how disappointed I was about the missed photo opportunity, he picked up the phone and called around to see where the wreath might have gone. He didn't have any luck, but I thought it was sweet he made the effort.

I should remark that today is also my brother-in-law David's birthday. He is not 209 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment