Sunday, June 13, 2010

Random Stuff for 6/12/2010

1- At lunch today with my dad, I was telling him that I believed the building which housed the acoustical engineering firm where he worked for nearly thirty years was now home to a sex shop. He digested that bit of news for a moment and then asked me what a sex shop entails. I gave him a high-level overview. It made me laugh- never thought I'd be having a conversation like that with my 89-year-old father.

2- My nieces have a new description for someone who is very manly. In their words, the virile man under discussion positively "vomits testosterone."

3- My niece Corinne has started a blog called "Some Strangeness in the Proportion." I inquired about the origin of that phrase and she informed me it's from a quote by Poe: "There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion." Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment