Monday, June 21, 2010

Travel Rituals


Picture of the Day for 6/19/2010. Arrived home from Florida tonight at 11:30 p.m. Thankfully, my trip home was a lot less eventful than the trip out.

I have very specific travel rituals. Arriving home late at night is one of them (I like to make my vacations last as long as possible). Another one is my loyalty to Shuttle Stop 8 in the long-term parking lot at the Salt Lake City airport. I always park close to this stop so I can remember where I've parked. I chose this shuttle stop in honor of my friend Suzanne whose favorite number is 8. I implemented this ritual a couple of years ago when I arrived home in the middle of the night only to discover I had absolutely no memory of where I parked. I wandered around forlornly in the dark until a parking attendant took pity on me. It turns out, the "powers that be" are aware of every car in the parking lot and how long they've been there. I gave the attendant my license plate number and he was able to locate my car within a matter of minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment