Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Dad is 89 Years Old


Picture of the Day for 6/2/2010. It's my dad's 89th birthday! That's quite an accomplishment to live so long. I love this photo "tableau." My dad is pictured here with his 16-year-old namesake (Robert Merrill Collins) and a random cowboy from the Lone Star Steakhouse where we took my dad for his birthday dinner. We had to keep reminding my dad it was his birthday, but that's OK. He still had a good time being out with his family and drinking several Doctor Peppers.

This is also the one-year anniversary of the last time I had a conversation with my mother before she passed away. I called my parents' apartment to wish my dad a happy birthday and got my mother on the phone. She mentioned that she wasn't feeling well and didn't even realize it was dad's birthday. I wish I known at the time it was the last time I'd be speaking to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment