Saturday, April 24, 2010

Willow Creek Country Club


Picture of the Day for 4/24/2010. Per my dad's request, we made our weekly pilgrimage to Willow Creek Country Club. He always asks me to drive by on our way home from lunch. It makes him sooooo happy to see the place each week. If you added up all the hours he spent golfing, bowling, swimming, and eating there over the course of several decades, it would represent a good percentage of his life. I never thought my dad would EVER voluntarily give up golfing, but a few years ago, he just abruptly stopped. That made me incredibly sad. I've always wondered if he knew how bad his memory was getting and if he was a little worried about making the drive out there by himself. Just a sneaking suspicion I have.

Well, my dad's memory may be bad, but there's nothing wrong with his thinking or his sense of humor. I get a kick out of his turn of phrase. When I'm approaching a red traffic light, instead of asking me if I plan on stopping, he asks if I anticipate decelerating. I assure him that decelerating is on the agenda.

2 comments:

  1. You are storing up a lot of treasure in heaven for sacrificing your Saturday's for our Dad. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly hope so! I need the brownie points to make up for my other sins (which are falling into the egregious category).

    ReplyDelete