Thursday, April 29, 2010

Easily Influenced


Picture of the Day for 4/29/2010. I am easily influenced. I grocery shop at Harmon's and when I enter the store, I walk right past a selection of "new age-y" health-related books. My eye has always been caught by the titles touting the ASTONISHING miracles of coconut oil. I finally caved the other day and purchased one of those books. Here's one of the astonishing claims- coconut oil is not only good for you nutritionally, but it's also good for your skin. According to the book, "It's no accident that people living in regions where coconut oil is used both in the diet and for body care have beautiful skin and hair. The healthful properties of coconut oil are not only apparent internally, but help promote a radiant glow all over." That did it- I immediately had to go out and buy some organic coconut oil to give it a try. I suspect my readers are going to be sooooo jealous when I have a "radiant glow all over" (or disturbed- it's a toss-up).

3 comments:

  1. something is different about you, but I can't put my finger on it...you have this disturbingly radiant glow about you.....what is it? oh, I know! it must be the coconut oil!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I caught a whiff of a Mounds bar yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coconut oil is so five minutes ago. I've upped the ante. I saw a close-up picture of my forehead recently and realize some deep wrinkles are setting in. Now I'm using a cream with retinal that promises to erase deep wrinkles. I suspect this will make me glow as well though.

    ReplyDelete