Monday, April 19, 2010

Scary House - Part 1


Picture of the Day for 4/19/2010. Having been inspired by yesterday's "Scary Cherries" entry, I thought I would do a series of "Scary House" vignettes. Now to be clear, my home is not technically "scary." I grew up here and the "vibe" I get from the house is that it's glad I've returned home. (Yes, I realize the fact I'm getting vibes from an edifice might seem scarier than any examples I'm going to provide in my "Scary House" series. Bear with me, please.) It's just that the property requires some long overdue maintenance and attention (and lots of money, I fear). Tonight's picture is of my bathroom window. If I didn't know better, I would be under the impression my house was surrounded by a haunted forest. I wouldn't be surprised to see a gnome's face pressing against the glass some day. Trust me, if that happened it would soooo be my picture of the day! The reality of the situation is much more prosaic. This particular side of the house is covered by ivy that has been allowed to grow wild.

2 comments:

  1. I hated sleeping in your old room upstairs with both those portraits on the walls....during the day it was fine, but at night in the dark..those pictures scared the hell out of me!!! weren't they great grandma and grandpa? parts of the backyard scared me, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I forgot how bad that ivy was. I kind of liked it though- an extra layer of privacy in the bathroom. Any peeping tom would have to work real hard to peep in there.

    ReplyDelete