Monday, April 12, 2010

Parking Relief


Picture of the Day for 4/12/2010. This tunnel separates two worlds- the Church (Mormon) parking complex that extends for several blocks underneath downtown Salt Lake City and commercial parking for my office building. Up until last week, there was no way to reach the commercial parking except to navigate a complex labyrinth of corridors, gates, and ramps in addition to a gauntlet of Church parking attendants and parking enforcement employees. Once you finally reached the tunnel, you crossed into commercial parking territory and were "home free" so to speak. I certainly felt that way since my relationship with the Church parking employees was strained at best and downright hostile at worst. I'm not sure what the problem was, but we were like oil and water. Let's just say that things escalated to the point where they threatened to revoke my parking. A new exit was finally made available last week and I no longer drive through Church parking to leave the building. Whew. I suspect the Church is relieved as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment