Monday, April 26, 2010

Hell Has Frozen Over

Picture of the Day for 4/26/2010. Alert! Hell froze over at precisely 5:56 a.m this morning. This is when I woke up in order to get to the gym by 6:15 a.m. Those of you who know what an extreme night owl I am understand that my "hell has frozen over" claim is not an exaggeration. Getting up this early did not come without a cost. Below is a list of the intolerable conditions I was forced to endure:

-The birds were chirping. Dang perky birds.

-The air smelled funny. Night air and morning air have distinctly different scents. I prefer the night air.

-The gym was crowded. As a night person, I'm unprepared to deal with humanity so early in the morning. I have an unholy desire to kick people in the shins.

-There was nothing on TV! If I'm going to exercise, I demand to be entertained while doing it. 100 channels on cable and I was forced to watch infomercials promoting skin care products. Sheesh.

Despite the horrors I experienced, I'm planning on repeating this tomorrow morning. And the morning after that. And so on. I'm determined to get in shape.

5 comments:

  1. this is just wrong on so many levels.....stick with the shopping and chocolate... exercising is bad for you....there is nothing worse than stupid people and infomercials at 6 in the morning while exercising.....you definitely need your head examined....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny! Good for you though! I agree- there is nothing good in the morning. Damn birds and perky morning people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle -- I don't know you anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the people who were alarmed by this post- don't worry. I completely fell off the exercise wagon after this one attempt to go to the gym early in the morning. I realized I'm too much of a night owl to change my ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! good for you..I approve of this decision....well done!

    ReplyDelete