Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cleaning Out My Purse


Picture of the Day for 4/10/2010. I've mentioned in a previous post how I take my dad out to lunch every Saturday and how he looooooves to linger. I'm talking major league lingering that eats up several hours. I adore my dad, but I have a small lingering threshold. Consequently, I get really antsy by the time we actually finish lunch. I like to indulge my dad as much as possible so I try to find activities that keep me occupied while he's nursing his 40th Dr. Pepper (which you can see him doing in the background of this picture). I now use our Saturday lunch as an opportunity to clean out my purse. I once read a magazine article that stated a true lady has an immaculate purse at all times. (In case you're wondering, this article was written within the last decade, not during the Victorian era as you might suspect.) I have decidedly un-ladylike habits. During the course of the week, I tend to wantonly throw cash/change, receipts, papers, bills, napkins, books, small animals, etc. in my purse. This picture shows my approach to purse cleaning. I empty the entire contents of my purse onto the table in front of me so I can organize the items by category. This invariably leads to snarky comments from my dad and alarm on my part at the massive mound of receipts. I never realize just how much money I'm spending until I see those receipts. Thankfully, the alarm I experience is temporary and doesn't really slow down my spending. After dropping my dad off at his apartment this afternoon, I immediately went out and bought a new scarf. All is right with the world. Whew.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA!!! this one made me giggle snort!!!! grandpa is so cute.......where was lunch that day? can't tell from the picture......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daddy is cute. We were at Garden Espresso, a coffee shop on 9th East and 60th South.

    ReplyDelete