Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Tulips


Picture of the Day for 4/11/2010. Finally! Some evidence that Spring is here. You wouldn't know it from the weather (snowy) or the temperature (cold). The tulips have decided to brave the forbidding conditions and make an appearance in my yard. Poor tulips- their setting isn't too picturesque. They've sprouted up from underneath a layer of dead pine needles which I have no intention of removing. I'm willing to tackle the nightmare scenario of cleaning/organizing my parents' house, but I refuse to do yard work of any kind. I come by this attitude honestly. My mother believed yard work was the purview of the "menfolk" and I completely subscribe to this sexist philosophy. I'll be hiring out the yard work this summer and it will be worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment