Sunday, April 18, 2010

Scary Cherries


Picture of the Day for 4/18/2010. Scary things can lurk in basements. In my case, it's not monsters, but shelves full of canned cherries. At one point, there were two prolific cherry trees in the back yard so my mother canned a LOT of cherries over the years. I actually remember eating the canned cherries as a child and they were quite tasty. The problem is, the cherries remaining in the basement were canned several decades ago. We suspect they are highly toxic now and will require skilled technicians armed in hazmat suits to remove them. All I know is I'm not touching them with a 10-foot pole.

3 comments:

  1. um....ya...these aren't quite the cherries i had in mind to go with my kitchen.. please don't bring them to my house....these look like epically scary cherries....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always terrified that there would be an earthquake and those would topple down. I think hazmat team is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chantal- I'm soooo packing them up and dropping them off on your doorstep.

    Rachel- We just had an earthquake last week. A 4.9er. My office building was swaying quite a bit which was a little scary. The cherries stayed put, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete