Friday, April 23, 2010

Shocking Development


Picture of the Day for 4/23/2010. Take a good look at this picture since this momentous event might not happen again for awhile. I have a clutter-free car. Yay! I spent a few hours on Tuesday evening clearing out the accumulated junk. (Yes, it was so bad the task required a few hours.) I'm thinking I might take my car to get detailed so it will not only be clutter-free, but clean as well. Shocking, isn't it?

It wasn't until I cleared out the car that I came to the realization that grieving takes on some unusual forms.
My car was like a time capsule dating from my mother's death last June. I came across a DVD from Blockbuster that was due the week we were planning my mother's funeral. I never did return it. (Guess it's mine now. If anyone wants to watch episodes 1-5 of season three of Weeds, let me know. I've got the DVD.). I must be on the mend since I was finally able to summon the energy to clean out the car.

3 comments:

  1. I don't believe this is really your car..you went down to a car lot and asked to take a picture of a brand new back seat....that is just too shocking to try to get us to believe....nope...it will never happen.....nice try.. I applaud your efforts....i may give that "weeds" show a try..i heard it's good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may just inspire me to clean out my car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chantal- Nope, this is really my car. Weeds is hysterically funny. It's also exceedingly naughty.

    Anonymous- I'm not surprised I've inspired you. I'm an inspiring kind of gal. ;-)

    ReplyDelete