Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Falling Off the Wagon


Picture of the Day for 4/27/2010. You know how I mentioned in yesterday's blog entry that I was going to hit the gym EVERY day because I was determined to get in shape? Yeah, well, I had a little set-back today. I failed to get up in time to go to the gym this morning due to a little alarm clock "incident." I think I must have turned off the alarm in my sleep. I was lucky to make it to work by 9:30 a.m.

Not only did I not make it to the gym today, but I went out for nachos at the Desert Edge pub with my friend Karl. The nachos there are divine, but they must be ordered in a particular way to maximize the nacho-eating experience. Here's the secret- you ask for a large order of nachos with all of the condiments on the side (sour cream, guacamole, salsa, green chiles). This is crucial; otherwise, you only get small spoonfuls of the condiments dumped unceremoniously on top of the nachos. This renders the chips rather soggy and clearly you need more than just dainty spoonfuls of sour cream and guacamole. There's a very specific chip to cheese/sour cream/guacamole ratio that must be maintained. After you have this portion of the order established with the wait staff, you then ask for extra condiments on the side. As you can see from this picture, Karl and I are swimming in condiments and cheese. Yum.


I'm SURE my resolve to go the gym will be back in full force tomorrow (if I've recovered from eating all that cheese).

3 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhh...cheese......nachos.....sour cream.......(homer drool, homer drool) you have to take me there sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would looooove these nachos. I dream about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well let's go! and i will get my own and not share....because that's how i roll....

    ReplyDelete