Friday, November 26, 2010

Unique Thanksgiving


Picture of the Day for 11/25/2010. My dad and I celebrated Thanksgiving with my sister Robynne's family this year. My dad and I are a package deal and are passed between my two older sisters for the holidays. I have cooked precisely one Thanksgiving dinner in all of my 47 years. A few years ago I decided I would like to host my parents for Thanksgiving at least once in my lifetime. I'm glad I did because it turned out to be the last year my mother could have made it up the three flights of stairs to my condo. Surprisingly, the meal turned out fantastic. No one was more amazed by this positive outcome than I was.

Anyway, back to this year's Thanksgiving. Robynne and I recognized the merit in having someone ELSE cook the Thanksgiving dinner and decided to go out for dinner at Mimi's Cafe. Unfortunately, so did everyone else in the Salt Lake valley. When confronted with a minimum two-hour wait, we found another place that was serving a Thanksgiving dinner buffet with no waiting. It was adequate.

Pictured above are my nephews Michael (L) and Robbie (R) with my cute dad who was just glad to have an outing. I think this is a darling photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment