Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween in Orlando, FL


Picture of the Day for 10/31/2010. I spent Halloween flying to Florida (with the intention of seeing a space shuttle launch and attending the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation activities) and bumming around Orlando before heading to my hotel in Satellite Beach, Florida. During my wanderings I stumbled across the Orlando Executive Airport. I was charmed by the domed hangars. Other than that, I didn't find much charming about Orlando. To be fair, my exploration was limited to the area surrounding the international airport so I suspect I haven't seen the best Orlando has to offer.

I also didn't see the best that Satellite Beach, Florida (located south of Cocoa Beach and Patrick AFB in case you're wondering where the heck that is) has to offer either. My hotel turned out to be quite sketchy, but my choices had been limited. By the time I decided I was going to Florida to see the last launch of the space shuttle Discovery, most of the hotels in the area had been sold out. People are scrambling to get to Florida to see a launch before the shuttle program is discontinued next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment