Sunday, November 21, 2010

No Presidential Signature for Me


Picture of the Day for 11/19/2010. Over 1,000 people stood in line for the George Bush book signing at Costco today. I was one of them. Temporarily. I had good intentions of getting an autographed copy of Bush's memoirs for my friend who collects presidential autographs, but ultimately the cold windy weather did me in. I stood in line from 8:00 a.m. to 10 a.m., but with three more hours to go until the 1:00 book signing, I knew I wasn't going to make it. The pre-surgery Michelle would have scoffed at the cold weather. The post-surgery Michelle didn't bundle up well enough. I'm wondering if the surgery had an effect on my internal thermostat. Also, the fact that I have less padding now may have something to do with my inability to tolerate the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment