Monday, November 8, 2010

Ft. Pierce, Florida


Picture of the Day for 11/1/2010. This week turned out to be an exercise in keeping myself occupied with things to see/do in Florida while waiting for the space shuttle Discovery to be given the go-ahead for launch. The launch was originally scheduled for today, but it was pushed back to Wednesday, November 3 even before I flew out to Florida.

Today's "keeping myself occupied" activity consisted of visiting a friend's old stomping grounds in Ft. Pierce, Florida. Pictured above and below is the Ft. Pierce inlet as seen from Jetty Park.


Below are pictures taken on the grounds of the Navy Seal museum in Ft. Pierce. Notice I say "grounds" rather than "inside." My friend and I tried to visit several museums/exhibits, but every place turned out to be closed on Mondays. Rats. At least there were some interesting things for us to see on the grounds of the Navy Seal museum.



No comments:

Post a Comment