Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tea Party


Picture of the Day for 11/18/2010. My friend Nancy hosts an annual tea party for five of her friends or acquaintances. The guest list changes every year with the exception of me and her friend Janice. I'm soooooo glad I'm a regular since I look forward to it all year. In fact, I'm so committed to this event I would miss my own wedding to attend this tea party.

Here's what you can expect as a guest:
-At least two types of homemade scones served with jam and cream.
-Three tea sandwiches.
-Three mini desserts.
-Fruit.
-Tea (of course) or a Russian tea that consists of orange and lemon juices with a dash of almond extract. I always choose the Russion tea. Yum.
-A small gift next to your plate. This year's gift was a Thanksgiving decoration.

Nancy is a fabulous cook and the food is eyes-rolling-in-the-back-of-your-head good. She gets a lot of her recipes from Tea Time magazine. I just might have to subscribe to the magazine myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment