Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Some Improvement


Picture of the Day for 5/18/2010. Over the past several days, I've been starving. Problem is, every time I swallow, it feels like a thousand flaming pins are puncturing my throat. Every day I've had to decide if the pain was worth it in order to consume any food or beverage. Up until today, it hasn't been and I've been living on the bare minimum to get by. Hunger finally won out this evening and I decided to venture out of my house for the first time in 36 hours to grab a cheeseburger and fries from McDonald's. Every bite was painful, but at least I'm no longer ravenous.

For those of you tired of reading about my illness, I don't blame you. I'll try to move on to another topic tomorrow. I have decided that no matter what, I'm returning to work tomorrow. It became clear when I received a panicked call at home this afternoon from the San Francisco office that my absence is causing a certain amount of distress among my colleagues. If I'm going to feel miserable, I might as well feel miserable at work. At least it might keep me distracted.

2 comments:

  1. wow!!! ..and you are no fan of mcdonalds!!! you must be at deaths door to finally eat that!!! sounds beyond insanely miserable! what is it you have exactly? I think I feel kinda bad for you....just kinda...this is payback for tormenting me with cute shoes!!! that karma thing will get you every time!! we would also like to uninvite you to lunch on thursday....please don't come and breathe on us.....like you were planning on coming anyway...at least this happened after the California adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tonsillitis. Yes, I'm 12 years old. This is in no way related to tormenting you with my shoe purchases. The universe wanted me to torment you.

    ReplyDelete