Monday, May 17, 2010

Prescription Drugs


Picture of the Day for 5/17/2010. Since I woke up today feeling no better than I did last Friday when I became so ill, I decided drastic measures were called for- to actually seek medical attention. If you knew just how much I HATE going to the doctor, you'd realize this was a major step for me to take. In fact, I was so desperate to see a doctor, I was less than honorable in my machinations to be the first one treated at the urgent care center a few blocks away from my home. When I arrived at the facility 15 minutes before it opened this morning, I noticed that there was already another person waiting in their car. Not to be outdone by this guy who was legitimately in line before me, I got out of my car and stood in front of the entrance so I could be the first person through the door. Once inside, I wouldn't let a little old lady with a sprained wrist go in front of me. I'm so going to hell for that. Hey- at least I didn't tackle her. When the front desk clerk called the little old lady first, I reminded the clerk that I had been first in line. It's because I was desperate. I wanted prescription drugs. Immediately. The doctor who examined me was pretty sweet. She "tsk"ed when she saw my throat and said "poor thing." My sentiments exactly. It turns out I don't have strep throat like I thought so who knows if the antibiotics the doctor prescribed will work. I'm crossing my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment