Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Groovy Museum

Pictures of the Day for 5/7/2010. A friend and I stumbed across the Flight Path Learning Center and Museum adjacent to the LAX airport. Below is a picture of a DC-3 plane on exhibit. The plane was manufactured in the 1940s and eventually sold to the Union Oil Company in the 1960s who refitted it as a corporate plane. As you can see, the interior is VERY groovy.
Below is a picture of what I believe is the ugliest lamp in existence. I delight in its ugliness. If you can top this one, I'd like to see it.

3 comments:

  1. The lamps in mother's living room are uglier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to disagree. Orange velvet trumps mother's lamps any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I can totally picture John and jackie in her little pill box hat, chanel suit and white gloves sitting on the couch....discussing important presidential ....stuff.....gotta love the 60's!! i think it's great!!

    ReplyDelete