Monday, May 24, 2010

"Dancing with the Stars" Season Finale


Picture of the Day for 5/24/2010. My niece Renee hosted a "Dancing with the Stars" season finale party tonight at my sister Robynne's house. Renee's favorite contestant (i.e., the love of her life), Evan Lysacek, made it into the finals. The following is an excerpt from her invitation summoning us to the party:

In retrospect, it wasn't so much a season of TV as it was an epic coming of age story. In just nine episodes and a dozen dances, our sweet baby Evan grew from an endearingly shy little googley bear into a hot, macho ball of burning confidence. In short, he became a man. A MAN!

Brilliant! That still makes me laugh.

So, who is the only person not pictured in the photo above? Why, that would be the hostess herself, Renee. On any given day, she hates being photographed, but tonight was especially rough on her. Evan received the lowest scores on the freestyle dance which pretty much means all hope is lost. Renee did NOT take it well. I took pity on her and didn't even attempt to include Renee in the picture.

I did manage to get a great shot of my nieces Corinne and Lisa.

2 comments: