Saturday, May 22, 2010

Reptiles Love me

Picture of the Day for 5/22/2010. I purchased a new snake ring today. Did you notice that I said "new" as opposed to "a"? That's because I already have several snake rings in my possession. Before you get all creeped out, you should be aware that snakes symbolize eternity and good fortune. Queen Victoria actually chose an intertwined serpent design for her engagement ring. So, there.

My weird fondness for snake rings was explained a few years ago by a chance encounter with a psychic (long story). She asked if I liked reptiles. I said that while I had several snake rings and I wasn't afraid of reptiles, I wasn't particularly attracted to them. She responded that despite my indifference, reptiles LIKED me. Eek. I guess that means if I lived in Harry Potter's world and attended Hogwarts, I would have been immediately placed in Slytherin. No noble Gryffindor for me. That's OK. I probably wouldn't have been willing to give up my serpent jewelry for Gryffindor anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment