Monday, January 6, 2014

#1 Reason Why You Shouldn't Procrastinate

Picture of the Day for 1/6/2014. Oh no! Do you remember how I mentioned back in October that I helped a 93-year-old lady who was having car trouble? Her name was Carol Gray and while we were waiting for the tow truck to show up, we had a nice time chatting and getting acquainted. Carol told me that she makes necklaces and sells them. I was leaving for a trip to Florida in a few days, but I promised I would call her upon my return so I could arrange to come to her house and buy some necklaces. Well, as you know, life gets busy so I didn't end up calling her until mid-December. I left a message on her voicemail, but never heard back from her. I was thinking she was busy with the holidays or that she didn't get my message. Today I did a google search for her because she had mentioned she sells her necklaces online. This is what I found- her obituary. She died just three weeks after I met her! I was so sad to see this, but she did mention she missed her husband who had died 20 years ago and she was ready to go. I'm so happy that I could be one of the people who extended a kindness to her in the last weeks of her life. I consider that an honor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment