Monday, January 20, 2014

Thanks to the Squirrel, I Have No Toilet Paper

Picture of the Day for 1/20/2014. I keep forgetting to buy toilet paper. The situation is critical at my house. It's not that I haven't gone to the store to pick some up. In fact, I've made more than one stop. It's just that I get distracted, like that dog in the movie "Up" when he sees a squirrel. Squirrel! In my case it's been the following:

Valentine's Day Candy! Oooh, Russell Stover marshmallow hearts! And hey, look at those Reese's peanut butter hearts!

Cinnamon! I'm out of cinnamon!


Diet Coke! Mmm... And if I buy lemons to add to the beverage it will taste even better than the large Diet Cokes I buy at McDonald's!


Magazines! I love magazines! 


I have a hankering for peanut butter on toasted English muffins!

I think my problem is toilet paper is just about the most boring thing you can buy so I browse the aisles for a bit to look at more interesting things before picking up what I came for. And, it's cumbersome to carry around since I usually don't grab a cart when I'm going to pick up just a few items. I don't want to carry it around when I browse. 

The next time I go to the store, I'll head straight to the toilet paper aisle before doing anything else. No more squirrel distractions for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment