Saturday, January 25, 2014

Tender Mercies and Chocolate

Picture of the Day for 1/25/2014. I was driving home from my follow-up appointment with the chiropractor this morning and thinking I needed to give my neighbor, Susan Williams, a call to see if she would come lift up my garage door for me since I was in excruciating pain. I didn't think I had it in me to lift up the door. In fact, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it inside and up the stairs to the main living area in my house. I was given a clear sign the universe was looking after me since Susan was pulling out of her driveway at the precise moment I was driving by her house. I flagged her down and of course, being the utterly lovely person that she is, Susan was delighted to help. She didn't stop there. She came back later with bottles of Ibuprofen and Tylenol for me and asked if she could do anything else for me. I had her refill the bag of ice I had been using on my back so she said she was going to the store to get me a bag of peas which works better than using messy, melting ice. Susan asked if there was anything else she could pick up for me and I said yes- I need just a bit of chocolate. Susan not only brought me a bit of chocolate, but as you can see from the picture below, she showered me with chocolate. I love Susan! I consider it a tender mercy that I ran into her right at the moment I needed her help. I wouldn't have made it through the day without her assistance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment