Monday, January 13, 2014

Bullies Being Bullied

Picture of the Day for 1/13/2014. Do you see those two dogs behind the fence? They are bullies. They belong to my neighbor and whenever I presume to venture into MY backyard, they go into a complete frenzy of anger. They rush up to the fence and bark and growl to make sure I know that I have committed an egregious error. It's actually pretty scary since the dogs rear up and look like they are trying to jump the fence. The neighbor and his family moved in a couple of years ago so you would think the dogs would be used to my presence by now. Nope. I've tried to look on the bright side which is that they make fabulous guard dogs. I always know when someone is about when I hear them bark. 


Today I heard such a violent racket in the backyard that I had to go investigate. The dogs in the picture below had wandered into my yard and barked right back at the bully dogs. I was amazed and totally gratified when my neighbor's dogs were the first to back down. I gave the "we're not taking crap from you" dogs a mental high-five as they trotted away victorious. They are welcome in my yard anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment