Thursday, January 16, 2014

It's Amazing What Happens When You Ask

Picture of the Day for 1/16/2014. I attended my monthly real estate investors club meeting tonight. The moderator mentioned that he only had a few copies of the book pictured below and since he didn't have nearly enough copies for everyone in attendance, you'd really have to work hard convince him why you were deserving. 

After the meeting ended, I noticed all the books were still stacked on the desk so I went up to the moderator and simply asked, "May I have one of the books?" He simply said "Yes" and handed me a copy. There was no jumping through hoops required. As I was walking out of the classroom, several of the other attendees noticed I had a copy of the book and asked in wonderment how I had managed to convince the moderator to give me one. I said I just asked.

I have found that's a great strategy in life. I think people would be amazed at what can happen when they are simply willing to ask.


No comments:

Post a Comment