Monday, October 7, 2013

Polly Merrill's 92nd Birthday

Picture of the Day for 10/7/2013. Today my mother would be 92 if she were still alive. I think she's orchestrating things beyond the grave to make sure I got mothered a bit today. My 88-year-old neighbor Erma (pictured* with me below) took me and my two sisters out to lunch to celebrate Polly Merrill's birthday. Erma was my mother's dear friend for nearly 40 years and brought a little photo album filled with pictures of my mother to share with us at lunch. Very sweet!

Then this evening as I was walking into Big Lots, a 93-year-old woman called me over to her car. She was experiencing car trouble and had to have her car towed. I stayed with her for about an hour to keep her company and to make sure she was OK. She was more than competent to handle the situation on her own so I got more out of the deal than she did. She was feisty just like my mother and hugged me and told me she'd adopt me in a second. Very cute!

*My sisters SHOULD also be pictured below since they are in the photo too, but I promised to crop them out before posting the picture on the internet. Such a shame since it's a cute photo of the three of us girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment