Saturday, October 5, 2013

Brenda and Margaret

Picture of the Day for 10/5/2013. My friend Suzanne and I went out to dinner with our other dear friends, Brenda and Margaret. Normally, I only get to see Brenda and Margaret about once a year at an annual fondue/Christmas party. I threw caution to the wind and thought outside the box* and invited them to meet us almost three months before the appointed time. I always enjoy seeing Brenda and Margaret. We laugh a lot. Brenda and I both broke out napkins and pens to draw family diagrams to see who has the oddest family history. There were some interesting polygamous shenanigans among Brenda's ancestors and I countered with the fact my great-grandparents were first cousins and had to go to Idaho in order to get married. I don't think there was a clear winner between the two of us. 

*The phrase "thinking outside the box" made me think of my favorite bit of consultant-speak used quite frequently at my former company. If you were someone with a lot of vision and expertise, you were called a "thought leader." I'm surprised my eyes aren't stuck in the back of my head from all the eye rolls I did when I heard the phrase used in national townhall meetings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment