Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Vignettes

Picture of the Day for 10/31/2013. I decorated for Halloween for the first time in about five years.



I amused myself greatly by setting up little Halloween vignettes.

Vignette #1: The happy-go-lucky jack-o-lanterns are unaware that a scary and menacing ghost is lurking right behind them. Oh no! Run away jack-o-lanterns, run away!


Vignette #2: I inherited this cauldron full of frogs from my mother. When you press a button, the frogs start singing about how they are sooooo worried about when the witch comes back. To add to their stress, I placed a witch directly behind the frogs. Oh no! Run away frogs, run away!





Vignette #3: The skeleton in this panel seems to be saying, "Hello! Here is a bowl of jack-o-lanterns for you." It's never a good thing when a skeleton introduces you. Oh no! Run away jack-o-lanterns, run away!


And speaking of jack-o-lanterns, I carved my first one in several years. It all went wrong when the knife slipped and I accidentally cut away one of his teeth. Now he's a redneck pumpkin. Oh well. At least he's a happy redneck pumpkin.






It's always fun to see my great-nieces and nephews in their costumes. The three youngest stopped by to trick or treat and then all four showed up an hour later trying to convince me this was the first time I had seen them that evening. Tricky kids. But not too tricky for me. I was totally on to them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment