Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Raking Leaves

Picture of the Day for 10/30/2013. You see this tree? It drops A LOT of leaves during the fall. Which it's supposed to do given the way nature operates in a four-season climate so don't think I'm bad-mouthing the tree. It's a favorite of mine and has been since childhood when the branches were still low enough for me to climb. I was a great tree-climber in my youth. Middle-age has brought new and exciting pursuits like watching Project Runway and shopping and drinking too much Diet Coke. 


Fortunately, a neighbor of mine rallied the young men in the neighborhood to come rake up the leaves for me. There were about 20 people who showed up to help and they had everything whipped into shape in about 45 minutes. I baked them my world-famous chocolate chip cookies as a thank you. I was so delighted to get some help.


No comments:

Post a Comment