Saturday, October 26, 2013

Old Town Albuquerque

Picture of the Day for 10/26/2013. The speech therapy conference let out early-ish today which left us time to go explore Old Town Albuquerque while it was still light outside. 




You might think by the picture of the old church above, we were interested in learning about the history and culture of the place. Ha. By "exploring" I mean shopping and eating. I really wanted to purchase the necklace in the middle of the photo below- the black/white buffalo. I'm all about buffalo since my nickname when I worked in Yellowstone twenty years ago was "Buffalo Woman." (Long story. Maybe someday on the blog I'll recount how I was surrounded by a herd of curious buffalo while mired up to my thigh in a muddy bog out in the middle of Yellowstone's back country.) I  managed to restrain myself and walk away without spending $100 on the bauble.



No comments:

Post a Comment