Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Following Directions

Picture of the Day for 10/23/2013. My sister Robynne and I just published her latest speech therapy book- Following Directions with the SH, CH, TH, and L Sounds. At 350 pages, it's a behemoth of a book. And a very useful one. And a great deal at $20! Just saying!



I get a kick out of the "following directions" portion of the title because I have never been good at taking and/or following directions. Hmm...wonder where I got that from? You decide based on the last words each of my parents uttered before departing this life. Their last words precisely matched their personalities.

Pauline (Polly) Moss Merrill: "I'll do it my way!" (Spunky and feisty to the end. That was my mother through and through!)



Robert (Bob) Irvine Merrill: "I'm coming Polly, I'm coming!" (Ah, wasn't that sweet?! He couldn't wait to be reunited with the love of his life. He was the sweetest, nicest man on the planet.)



If you guessed my mother, you would be correct. My mother used to complain that I came to this earth "determined" to get my way. I'd say that's a case of the pot calling the kettle black!

No comments:

Post a Comment