Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Meandering Journey to New Mexico

Picture of the Day for 10/24/2013. My sister Robynne and I drove down to New Mexico today to exhibit at the 2013 New Mexico Speech-language and Hearing Association conference. My brother-in-law Will loaned us his monster truck so we would have a safe vehicle to drive. I'm the sole driver on these speech therapy road trips (I like to drive; Robynne likes to be a passenger). It's really fun being that high off the road and driving the truck on the freeway, but parking that thing is a beast. It's like trying to park a house.




As my readers are aware, I like to take pictures and I like to meander on road trips. Not a great combination if you're in a hurry to get somewhere.


Even before the road trip began I HAD TO stop and take a picture of this interesting contrail.




Look at the pretty windmills as you are headed to Price, Utah. I didn't stop the car, but I HAD TO take a picture as we drove by.




The scenery on the drive through southeastern Utah is so pretty so I HAD TO stop and take a picture of this geological feature.




Oh look- the clouds are soooo pretty. I HAD TO stop and get a picture of those.




Hey! I love aviation. And look! Moab, Utah has a tiny airport. So cute. I COULDN'T pass that up without snapping some photos.












The entrance to Arches National Park is close to Moab. We didn't have time to drive through the park of course, but that doesn't mean we had to miss seeing an arch because there's one right by the side of the road. I had NO CHOICE but to stop and take a picture.




At this point, Robynne cut me off from picture-taking for the rest of the day. Although she totally had a double-standard when we passed through Monticello, Utah and wanted to stop and see the LDS temple there. She didn't mind me taking pictures then!




It's probably a good thing the Monticello temple was the last of the photo opportunities since with all the meandering and Diet Coke stops and gassing up the car stops and restroom stops, it took us until late in the evening to arrive at our hotel in Albuquerque.

No comments:

Post a Comment