Monday, March 21, 2011

Thank Goodness for Clip-Art (and Hawaii 5-0)


Picture of the Day for 3/21/2011. My niece Renee held a Hawaii 5-0 party tonight to celebrate the beauty of the men starring in the re-make of this TV series. Renee went all out- she had tropical decorations, plates, and cups. We were greeted at her door with flower leis. The menu included pork, macaroni salad, and pineapple cream pie. After dinner we watched a prior episode of the show that Renee had downloaded from iTunes and then we watched the new episode that aired tonight.

You are getting a picture of my bosom covered with clip-art coconuts since my attempt to take a group picture of the attendees wearing their flower leis was greeted with hostility and rebellion.

So, here's the deal with the coconuts. In her invitation to the party, Renee indicated the person with the best coconut bra/grass skirt outfit would win a prize. Thanks goodness for clip-art which allowed me to assemble a costume at the last minute. Of course my brilliant creativity guaranteed I would crush the competition. The fact that there was no actual competition helped as well (I was the only one who showed up in costume.) I suspect Renee didn't actually think anyone would dress up so she grabbed one of the decorations as my award along with presenting me with a bag of coconut M&Ms. I'll take my prize (pictured below) and display it in my office next to my prize-winning Valentine's Day rocket (also pieced together with clip-art).

No comments:

Post a Comment