Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Crushing Defeat


Picture of the Day for 3/28/2011. I participated in a cake bake-off today at work. You may be wondering what that has to do with me wearing a bunny outfit as pictured above. Hold on- all will be revealed in a moment.

My entry in the bake-off was a family favorite- a chocolate chip cake with chocolate frosting. I really thought I was a shoo-in against my two competitors who baked a coconut cake and a spice cake. I mean- who doesn't like chocolate above all other food? I know I don't. My confidence was so great that I participated in a LOT of smack talk that went a lot like this- "I will crush the competition. They will sob in defeat." I guess I was setting myself up for a major comeuppance from the universe because not only did I NOT win the competition, none of the five judges gave me a single vote! The coconut cake won by a landslide. Who would have guessed?

Before the competition, the participants in the bake-off agreed to a pre-determined penalty for the loser. It involved dressing up as the Easter Bunny and delivering candy to the entire office dressed up in this get-up. I was asked to hop around the office, but I drew the line at that. When one has a well-endowed bosom, hopping is not an option since I could put someone's eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment