Saturday, March 26, 2011

Craft Day at Jenny's


Picture of the Day for 3/26/2011. My friend Jenny is the craftiest person I know. I don't mean the "sneaky" and "scheming" type of crafty, but the "build an airplane out of a few scraps of cloth and a few lengths of string" type of crafty. For Christmas, she frequently gives her friends the raw materials for a craft project with the expectation that we'll gather together to complete the project in a group setting. In other words, it's a good excuse for a party. This year, she gave us wood letters representing the initials of our last names. Of course, "M" is an all-purpose initial for me since all three of my names begin with that letter.

Today was both "craft day" and "celebrate Suzanne's 50th birthday" at Jenny's. Multi-tasking at its best. Jenny fixed brunch and then we spent the better part of the day working on our projects. I'm quite pleased with how my "M" turned out. That's because I actually had little to do with the finished product. Aside from picking out the color and the fleur-de-lys pattern on the front of the letter, Jenny did most of the work.

Pictured above is me, Jenny's daughter Isabella (who someday will be just as crafty as her mother), and Suzanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment