Monday, March 7, 2011

Wild Birthday Celebration


Picture of the Day for 3/7/2011. Tonight we celebrated my sister Paula's 60th birthday and my great niece Sadie's 5th birthday. As you can see, Sadie got a lot of loot. Paula received the following sympathy card (in addition to her fair share of loot).


Before the festivities started, my niece Chantal caught me using my iPhone to send an email to a friend. She told me to quit flirting with the recipient of the email. Sadie added the caveat that there should be no farting either. Sage advice. Farting and flirting definitely don't go together.

As Sadie was opening her gifts, her weapon-loving 8-year-old brother, Ethan, tried to guess the content of each gift before it was opened. The following were some of his guesses:
-A gun
-A bomb
-A machine gun
Ethan struck out completely as Sadie's presents were comprised mostly of Disney Princess, Strawberry Shortcake, and My Little Pony.

All of the noise and commotion caused my 23-year-old niece Corinne to melt down and curl into a ball underneath the fireplace hearth.

Chantal did not help matters by joining Corinne under the hearth.


The evening ended with me not being able to make it up into my garage due to the snow that had accumulated on my driveway. It's March and I'm sick of the cold weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment