Monday, February 14, 2011

Rocket Victory


Picture of the Day for 2/14/2011. This blog entry is dedicated to my boss, Jim Payne. I promised this picture of his Valentine's Day mailbox would be the featured photo in today's blog. And rightly so since he was the grand prize winner of the office contest for best overall Valentine's Day mailbox.

So, here's some background. Our office fun committee requested that we each create a Valentine's Day mailbox and bring Valentines for everyone. I haven't received so many Valentines since elementary school. It was pretty fun. All of the mailboxes were entered in a contest where you voted for your favorite in the following categories:

-Best overall mailbox

-Most creative

-Best use of office supplies to create the mailbox

-Best use of child's mailbox

I won the prize for "most creative." Since Valentine's Day is a holiday celebrating love, I thought to myself, "What do I love?" The answer came to me pretty easily- I love space rockets (a clear indicator of why I'm not married yet). So I pieced together a paper rocket and decorated it with a combination of astronaut and Valentine images.


Not only did I sweep my category, but I won an actual award. Sadly, my name is misspelled on the award, but that does not diminish my sense of victory.


My sister Paula held a Valentine's Day gathering at her house tonight and I promised I would include a picture of the cake in my blog as well.

I like how one of the "Queen of Hearts" soldiers is toppled over in the picture. It's representative of how I feel after consuming nothing but sugar all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment