Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Everlasting Winter


We are moving into what I believe is our 147th consecutive month of winter. We enjoyed a couple of positively balmy days in the 50s (trust me- that's balmy for Salt Lake this time of year), only to be slammed with a major storm front that hit this evening. I had to drive home in the snow; my maximum speed on the freeway was about 40MPH.

In the spirit of posting mostly blurry pictures on my blog in 2011, here's a fuzzy one I took of the snowplow driving in front of me tonight. The plow was throwing up a huge plume of snow about 20 feet in the air. I tried to capture the image since it was a pretty interesting sight, but unfortunately, this is the best I could do. Driving in a blinding snowstorm is not conducive to picture-taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment