Monday, February 7, 2011

Trivia Can Come in Handy


Picture of the Day for 2/3/2011. I spent the day making my way to Florida- West Palm Beach in particular. Since I didn't arrive at my hotel until 9:30 p.m., I decided to grab dinner at the closest establishment which happened to be the Palm Beach Ale House. When I arrived, they were in the middle of a very loud and raucous 20-question trivia quiz. First and second place winners would win a free pitcher of beer for their next visit. Thanks to my tendency to be a bit of know-it-all (an insufferable one people might say, but they would be wrong) and my blithe willingness to insert myself into other people's conversations, I was able to help the gentlemen at the table next to me win one of the prizes. Good thing I knew that Jefferson Davis was the president of the Confederacy during the Civil War.

No comments:

Post a Comment