Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Vexing Vending Machine


Picture of the Day for 5/24/2011. I have a daily ritual. Sometime in the afternoon, I go to my office break room to purchase a bag of Smartfood white cheddar popcorn. Since the package is very lightweight, it doesn't have quite enough heft to fall easily from its perch high up in the vending machine. It nearly always gets stuck. Getting it un-stuck requires all sorts of violent maneuvers against the machine. If I'm alone in the break room, I'll bang my hip against the glass front until the bag shakes loose. If I have an audience, my co-workers feel compelled to join me in the application of brute force. Today there were three people who helped me shake the bag free. Unfortunately, the bag didn't fall quite far enough where I could grab it. I swear I could buy a vacation home with the money I've lost trying to purchase my daily bag of popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment