Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How Was I Supposed to Know it's Bob Hoover?


Picture of the Day for 5/10/2011. This upcoming Saturday I'll be attending a banquet hosted by the Flight Test Historical Association honoring luminaries in aviation. A friend who won't be able to fly out to California for the event mailed me several 8 x 10 photos to get autographed by pilots he's hoping will be in attendance. I was able to identify several of the pilots, but this one (pictured above) stumped me. I took a photo of this picture and emailed it to my friend with a request to identify the pilot. He was HORRIFIED that I was unaware this was Bob Hoover, a very famous (in aviation circles) pilot. I know what he looks like now (see picture below) and it bears little resemblance to the young man in the photo. Sheesh. I think I can be forgiven for not seeing the connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment