Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mamita


Picture of the Day for 5/17/2011. After the shuttle launch yesterday, I drove down to West Palm Beach where I'll stay for a few days. I'm working remotely so the cleaning crew at my hotel came in to clean while I was still in the room typing away on my work laptop. One of the women was Hispanic and to get my attention to tell me there was a problem with the toilet, she called me Mamita. I had never heard that term before so of course I had to look it up. It appears there are several slightly varying definitions, but bottom line, it is a complimentary term of endearment. Phew. I've become slightly obsessed with this word now. Didn't take much as I've inherited my dad's love* of vocabulary.

*He used to read the dictionary for "fun" as a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment