Saturday, June 23, 2012

Zombies Can Be Useful


Picture of the Day for 6/22/2012. This is a picture of the DVD case for Season 1 of The Walking Dead which my niece Renee gave to me for Christmas. Its purpose is to provide a zombie visual to accompany the following text message exchange I had with my niece Chantal regarding family lunch at the mall yesterday. As a general rule, zombies are to be avoided, but in this instance, zombies helped calm down an irate niece.
Chantal: I have to work in the morning. Can we make it 12:30 or does
everyone have to get going?

Michelle: I checked- it looks like 12:30 is a no-go. It always takes awhile for everyone to assemble so at the most you'd only be about 15 minutes late.

Chantal: Oh fine! It's ok if anyone else needs to change the time but not me! No! 12:00! Not 12:05, not 12:08, noon! No lunch for you! Geez!

Michelle: I figured you wouldn't take this news well...

Chantal: What if I pretended to be Corinne? She somehow knows how to get her way. Corinne says we need to change the time to 12:30. Does that work?

Chantal: Hi, I’m chopped liver!

Michelle: So- here's the deal, we're worried about zombie attacks since they traditionally occur at 12:30. By allowing us to convene early, we'll be in place to provide you with cover as you make a run for the food court.

Michelle: You're not chopped liver. It's not the same when you're not there so you better show up tomorrow!

Chantal: Ok, that was like the best story....ever! Sure, I’ll buy that. Zombie defense initiative confirmed. And no, it would in no way be the same without me. I shall attend as soon as possible!

Michelle: LOL- I was hoping you would like that! See- you're such a valuable asset (as the writer of the zombie survival handbook) that we're all convening to protect YOU! We didn't want you to know since we knew you wouldn't want us putting ourselves at risk, but you forced our hand. I'm glad you're down with the zombie defense initiative and will be showing up at the food court.

Chantal: This is so true. You really want the blood of the handbook's author on your hands? I will dedicate an entire page to the zombie defense team. Who executed the zombie defense initiative on my behalf flawlessly. Your loyalty shall be rewarded.

Michelle: This is why we fight for you.

Chantal: As well you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment