Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mission Impossible Party


Picture of the Day for 6/21/2012. My family gathered tonight to watch Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol since my niece Chantal had never seen the movie before. We kind of forced this on her since she's been unenthused* at the prospect, but we think we won her over.

The plot is kind of hard to follow so I told Chantal that:

1-The first time you see the movie you just go along for the ride. Oh, there's a handsome man in a well-tailored suit beating up someone else. Oh, there's another handsome man brandishing a dangerous-looking gun. There's Tom Cruise dangling on the outside of a hotel 130 stories in the air- that's not safe. Look at that, they've gone from Russia to Dubai to India. Hey, that's an awfully pretty dress the lone female lead is wearing to the lavish party hosted by an Indian billionaire playboy. Wish that a) I could fit into that dress and b) I had somewhere to wear it.

2- The second time you see the film you go- oh, there's a plot and I think I actually comprehend the sequence of events now.

My great-niece Hayley was gracious enough to pose for a picture holding up the Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol DVD case so I could document the evening for the blog. I didn't even try to photograph the entire group since they are camera-shy and I was afraid they would turn on me if I made the attempt. I like how Hayley posed for the camera with her hand extended. Very cute.

*Chantal's attitude about the movie (and life in general) can be summed up by the word on Hayley's t-shirt- meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment