Friday, June 29, 2012

Candied Yam Recipe


Picture of the Day for 6/27/2012. The very last time my mother prepared a dish for Thanksgiving dinner, my sister Paula (who was hosting the dinner) had asked her to bring candied yams. My parents were going downhill by this point and my mother couldn't recall the recipe for the candied yams she always made for Thanksgiving. She scoured her cookbooks, but couldn't find the recipe so instead she came up with a makeshift version which was OK, but not the version we all remembered. I always thought my mother's recipe was lost until I was browsing through my sister Robynne's recipes which she's been collecting for 30 years. I was delighted to discover my mother's candied yam recipe was right there. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. in our family we have a great recipe joke/story. marty's mom used to make an amaaaaazing french canadian meat pie. I mean seriously out of this world delicious. when marty asked her for the recipe, she said, "meat and spices." seriously. so when i asked marty for the recipe he said the same thing!

    ReplyDelete