Saturday, June 9, 2012

Prometheus


Picture of the Day for 6/8/2012. Saw the movie Prometheus (which is a loose prequel to the Alien films) with my nieces Renee and Corinne. I really enjoyed the movie and wouldn't mind seeing it again.

I can still clearly remember the first time I saw Alien. I was approximately 18 years old and as a horror movie neophyte, I was unprepared for the scene where the alien bursts through John Hurt's stomach. My reaction also took me by surprise. I started to giggle and couldn't stop for the longest time. I laughed for so long that the other attendees were shooting me dirty looks and I recall someone telling me to shut up. My sister Robynne was my movie companion that day and she was sooooooooo embarrassed by my behavior.

I thought 18 was way too young to see that movie, but Corinne revealed that her mother (my sister Paula) made her watch Alien when she was seven years old! Corinne is tougher than I am so she handled the experience better than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment